Out of Heavy paper or cardboard make cards with all the letters of the alphabet except for Q,X and Z. Then make the following extra letters 3 -Bs, 3-Cs, 4-As, 4-Os, 4-Os, 5-Ls, 4-Ns. There should be a total of 50 cards.
On a large piece of paper print the following names and post it on a wall:
- Olive Baden Powell
- Robert Baden Powell
- Crystal Palace
- Agnes Baden Powell
- Brownsea Island
- Scouting For Boys
- St. Catharines
- Players sit in patrols in a large circle
- Put the letters in a pile in the middle of the circle
- Read the first question
- The patrol of the person who first answers picks a name from the list to try and spell out and starts picking out the letters.
- While they are doing that, read the next question
- As additional patrols start to try and spell words they can either pull letters from the first pile or try and steal them from another patrol.
- First patrol who completes a name wins.
- Who Started Girl Guides and Boy Scouts? Lord Baden-Powell
- What was Lord Baden-Powell? Robert
- What book did he write for boys? Scouting for Boys
- Where did he take boys on an experimental camp? Brownsea Island
- Where did Girl Guides first appear? Crystal Palace Rally
- What did they say they were? Girl Scouts
- Where was the Crystal Palace? England
- Who gave the girls’ organization the name “Guides”? Lord Baden-Powell
- What city in Canada had the first Girl Guide unit? St. Catharines