This is another craft you could use to celebrate the International Year of Pulses.
- A water bottle, dried with the label removed
- A variety of dried pulses (lentils, beans, peas and chickpeas)
- 10 or more small hide and seek items (key, button, bottle cap, beads, rock, small toy etc.)
- Hot Glue gun
- Fill the bottle 2/3 of the way with a variety of pulses. (Alternatively you can use rice.)
- Add the small objects to the top. There should still be a good sized air bubble at the top.
- Cap the bottle and seal the cap with a bead of hot glue.
- Shake and turn the bottle until the items are distributed throughout the bottle.
- Optional – You may want to write the number of times on the bottle cap with a permanent marker.
Twist and turn the bottle until you’ve found all the objects inside. This can be a gift for a younger child or a quiet time activity.