This owl hanging is a great craft to introduce lark knots. It can also make a nice bridging activity with Brownies.
- 1 stick – 6″ or so
- 30 strands of wool -16″
- 40 strands of wool – 5″
- 2 plastic rings 1″
- short piece of wool
- long piece of wool
- fold each strand of the 16″ wool in half
- Put loop behind stick and fasten in place as shown in diagram.
- Repeat until all wool is fastened
- Tie tail “where desired with small piece of wool
- Rim tail to point, or as desired
- Fasten 20 strands of 5″ wool to each plastic ring
- Trim ends of wool as desired
- Glue eyes to wool
- Braid long piece of wool, fasten to stick for hanger.