Dotmocracy is a process where by girls vote on ideas with dot stickers.
- Discuss the nature of the problem or idea
- Have the girls brain storm (as a group or in patrols) and write each idea on a different piece of paper.
- The papers are then posted on a wall. If different patrols came up with the same idea those papers can be posted together.
- Each girl is given the same number of stickers. They don’t have to be dots. Especially if you are doing this with Sparks they might enjoy something else.
- Each girl can stick her dots on whatever idea she likes the best. She is allowed to stick more then one sticker on an idea so that if she feels really passionate about one idea she can stick more stickers on that.
- You can iterate steps 3-5 several times if you need to reach a conscience.
We used this for Discover What’s Important to You #1 but there are lots of other applications. For older girls or for more complex problems you might want to consider using Idea Rating Sheets instead.