This is a challenge developed for Girl Scouts by the International Bipolar Association.
With approximately 1 in 4 people in the U.S. diagnosed with a mental illness, awareness of those impacted is also growing.
The opportunity to learn about mental health is consistent with the Girl Scout organization’s dedication to the health and well-being of all girls. In earning the patch, Girl Scouts:
- Learn how the brain impacts mental health
- Explore how discrimination against the mentally ill makes it difficult to seek help
- Learn about many great achievers who experienced mental illness
- Research how the mentally ill are portrayed in the media
- Create anti-stigma campaign activities
To get information on the challenge you need to fill out the form at: Girl Scouts Mental Health Awareness Patch
They will apparently even send you the patch for free once you complete the challenge.