For this activity you need a length of elastic or a string of chained elastic bands. It should be long enough that when at a moderate stretch it can go around the ankles of two girls and leave lots of room between them for jumping.
The players agree on a pattern 6-10 jumps in, on or around the elastics. These can include:
- Both feet outside to the left
- Both feet together inside
- Both feet apart inside
- Both feet outside to the right
- One foot outside to the right, one foot inside
- One foot outside to the left, one foot inside
- One foot outside to the left, one foot outside to the right
- Both feet inside but with the elastic crossed
- Both feet on the elastic
If a player completes the jump pattern the girls at each end of the elastic raise it up higher on their leg and the jumper jumps again. When a jumper fails to complete the pattern they switch places with one of the girls at then end.
This video shows a couple of possible patterns.